MASS AWIS welcomes and appreciates any volunteers and has a variety of options available in our committees. We ask that volunteers be members. While we welcome general volunteer inquiries, we also have specific volunteer positions we are seeking:
Position: SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE VOLUNTEERS
Description: The committee’s role is to manage all MASS AWIS scholarships. Activities include the execution of scholarships: soliciting applications, reviewing applications and awarding scholarships. The committee also tracks the awardees to ensure they are getting the most of their scholarships. Moreover, the committee establishes appropriate policies, workflows and recommendations for existing and possible new scholarships.
Volunteers needed: 2-3
Time Commitment: ~1-2 hours/month but may be more concentrated around application review times
Please contact Ilaria Lamberto Scholarship Committee Chair for further information.
Position: MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE VOLUNTEER
Description: Depending on your time availability and the type of skills you want to develop, we are looking for 2-3 volunteers to:
- Represent MASS AWIS and network at events in the Boston area (job fairs, seminars etc.)
- Collect and analyze data on membership to highlight trends and better understand what our members want and need
- develop goals and strategies to fulfill the MASS AWIS mission and increase diversity (field of study, career level etc.)
Time commitment: ~3-5 hrs/month but can vary (i.e. be more or less) depending on your time availability.
Please contact Cinzia Metallo Membership Committee Co-Chair for further information.
Position: COMMUNICATIONS COMMITTEE PHOTOGRAPHER
Description: We need 1 photographer to assist in the following:
- Capture and edit photos
- Post photos on the website
This role requires some photography and photo editing skills. Ownership of a DSLR camera is a plus. Also, volunteers must be available during most evenings.
Time commitment: 1-2 hours/week, varies depending on the assignment
Position: COMMUNICATIONS COMMITTEE SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER
Description: We also need 1 social media manager to assist in the following:
- Create social media graphics
- Schedule social media posts on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn
- Monitor social media accounts
- Engage with follower across social media platforms
Time commitment: 2-3 hours/week, varies depending on the assignment
Please contact Christine Oslowski and Karen De Ceunynck Communications Committee Co-Chairs for further information.