Students (graduate and undergraduate) have two options to join MASS AWIS:
Option 1: To join MASS AWIS at the Chapter level for $25, please click here.
Note: Students who wish to serve on the MASS AWIS Board must join at the Junior membership level through National AWIS.
Students joining at the Chapter level will receive only chapter benefits and will not receive electronic communications and benefits from National AWIS (i.e. access to AWIS Magazine, STEMinars, Washington Wire, and other programs). However, student members at the chapter level are encouraged to connect with the national organization in the following ways:
- Subscribe to the free monthly newsletter AWIS in Action!
- Follow AWIS on Twitter
- Like AWIS on Facebook
- Network in the AWIS LinkedIn group
Option 2: To join AWIS at the National level along with the Chapter, please click here.
While students are not required to join at the National level, students may elect to join AWIS at the ‘Junior’ level and paying both National and Chapter dues (total $90).
Student membership at the Junior level includes these additional benefits:
- AWIS Magazine published 4 times a year (electronic format)
- Bi-monthly editions of The Washington Wire e-newsletter
- Access to AWIS STEMiNARs©, including archived recordings
- A personal listing and access to AWIS nationwide membership directory
- AWIS LinkedIn Members Only group
- A printable membership certificate in wallet or letter size
For details regarding all levels of National and Chapter dues, please click here.
Also, be sure to check if your university is affiliated with AWIS here.
For more information or questions, contact us at email@example.com.
How to sign up for chapter ONLY membership if you are a STUDENT* at a non-partnered institution
- STEP 1: Join MASS AWIS – chapter dues are $25
- Click here to access the National AWIS Membership Store.
- Click on the “Regional Chapter and Affiliates” box
- Type “Boston” in the Find box.
- Select “Massachusetts: Mass. (Boston area) Chapter Dues.
- Click the “Add Item” button and checkout as an online purchase.
- STEP 2: Notify MASS AWIS
Send an e-mail* to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following attachments:
- Payment receipt (a screenshot of the payment is acceptable)
- Proof of student status (a link to your university’s directory — which lists you as a student — is acceptable)
*Note: Your MASS AWIS membership will start upon receipt of this e-mail. We suggest sending this e-mail as soon as you pay the chapter dues, as you won’t be able to participate in members-only activities until the e-mail is in our inbox.
- STEP 3: Confirmation
A confirmation email will be sent to your for your record. Please allow a 5-7 business days for processing.
*Note: only undergraduate and graduate students can join the chapter without joining National AWIS
If you have any issues with the signup process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.