- This event has passed.
MASS AWIS Open House 2018
Tuesday, June 12 @ 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Please join us for our annual FREE* Open House event, a festive occasion with a variety of activities.
- Meet our MASS AWIS board members and volunteers
- Learn more about our chapter’s events, programs, and volunteer opportunities
- Hear from the President-Elect of National AWIS Susan Windham-Bannister about AWIS’ work in research, advocacy, and policy
- Gain access to career development resources and job recruiters in the area
- Get a headshot by a professional photographer**
- Talk to job recruiters from select companies
*Registration (below) not required, but it helps us plan. Event is free.
**Sign-up sheet at the event
5:30pm – 6:30pm Open Activities & Refreshments
6:30pm – 7:00pm Keynote Speakers
- MASS AWIS president Karen Yee
- National AWIS President-Elect Susan Windham-Bannister
- MASS AWIS Past-President and Founder Joanne Kamens
7:00pm – 8:00pm Open Activities & Refreshments
Dr. Susan Windham-Bannister is a world-renowned innovation expert, recognized by the Boston Globe as one of the “10 Most Influential Women in Biotech” in 2013. Windham-Bannister currently serves as managing partner of Biomedical Innovation Advisors LLC, as well as the president and CEO of Biomedical Growth Strategies, LLC. She received a BA from Wellesley College, a doctorate in health policy and management from the Florence Heller School at Brandeis University, and a doctor of science from Worcester Polytechnic Institute (honoris causa). She has been an AWIS member since 2016.
Thanks to our sponsors for this initiative!
MASS AWIS is the Massachusetts Chapter of the National Association for Women in Sciences. Our mission is to support women in all scientific fields and to achieve equity and full participation for women in science, mathematics, engineering, and technology. Our events and membership are open for the public regardless of their gender, professional background, or career level.