- This event has passed.
The 10th Massachusetts Life Sciences Innovation (MALSI) Day
Thursday, June 1, 2017 @ 8:00 am - 7:00 pm
"Inventing the Future – The Path from Invention to Innovation”
The 10th Massachusetts Life Sciences Innovation (MALSI) Day is the biggest day for life sciences startups and innovation in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. This is a high-energy, hands-on event which brings together scientific leaders and business experts to mingle with scientists, post-docs, professors, entrepreneurs, innovators, and venture capitalists.
The conference features Keynotes, Panels, Innovators’ Marketplace, Networking Reception with leading life sciences CEO’s , and Poster Competition.
It is the flagship event of life sciences in Massachusetts, jointly and actively put together by all the major organizations that are involved in starting and supporting the life sciences start-up ecosystem in the Commonwealth.
by Greg Verdine (Erving Professor of Chemistry, Harvard University and Harvard Medical School)
Panels and Discussion Sessions will include:
- Startups that were funded in the last 18 months
- Looking back….A few case studies with detailed stories of “their entrepreneurial voyage” by inventors who have been to MALSI Day
- What does Big Pharma and Big Device want from a start-up
- Understanding healthcare economics and how they will affect your start-up
- Three case studies of product development from companies that have worked closely with CRO’s to get Proof of Concept
- Emerging Technology Poster Session The "The Life Sciences Center of the Universe" Poster Competition
- The Poster Competition $2500 Charles River Award for the best poster; $1000 second prize and $500 third prize.
Application submission deadline is
May 8, 2017
MASS AWIS is the Massachusetts Chapter of the National Association for Women in Sciences. Our mission is to support women in all scientific fields and to achieve equity and full participation for women in science, mathematics, engineering, and technology. Our events and membership are open for the public regardless of their gender, professional background, or career level.