Learning to Lead in Science: Styles, Trajectories, and Endpoints
Wednesday, November 28 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
This event is free for MASS AWIS members as well as non-members!
MASS AWIS mission is to support women in STEM and create opportunities for their professional development. MASS AWIS is planning to launch a new Leadership Program for MASS AWIS members with primary goal of enhancing leadership skills and professional presence that is necessary to succeed as leaders.
Join us for the Leadership Program Kickoff event to discuss leadership styles, trajectories and endpoints, featuring:
- Sue Windham-Bannister, PhD: President, Association of Women in Science; Managing Partner, Biomedical Innovation Advisers; Former President and CEO, MLSC
- Elliott Antman, MD: Professor, Harvard Medical School; Former President, American Heart Association
- David Raiser, PhD: CEO. Aldatu Biosciences
- Sheila Widnall, PhD: Institute Professor and Professor of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology; Former Secretary, Air Force
- Cheryl D. Vaughan, PhD, EdM: Managing Director, Learning and Development Programs at Boston Biomedical Innovation Center
- Angeliki Diane Rigos, PhD: Executive Director, Tata Center for Technology, MIT Energy Initiative, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Refreshments will be provided.
MASS AWIS is the Massachusetts Chapter of the National Association for Women in Sciences. Our mission is to support women in all scientific fields and to achieve equity and full participation for women in science, mathematics, engineering, and technology. Our events and membership are open for the public regardless of their gender, professional background, or career level.