Scientist I Toxicology – Cambridge, MA
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a research scientist-Toxicology, in our Cambridge, Massachusetts office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Scientist I Toxicology, you will be empowered to provide leadership and global functional expertise for projects in the Takeda portfolio.
- Help us make safer drugs | The next generation of life changing medicines include gene therapies, oligonucleotides and cell therapies all honed to treat previously untreatable diseases. Help us shape this next generation of life-saving medicines by improving the therapeutics selected for further development based on proactive detection & de-risking of dose limiting toxicities.
- Deliver decision-making data | Conduct state of the art in vitro assays with cutting-edge technologies to detect & de-risk drug-induced toxicities for medicines in discovery & development. Help shape the evolution of cell & gene therapies to deliver safer & more effective medicines for patients with rare diseases.
- Develop biomarker models | Validate new biomarkers for drug safety risk assessment
- Conduct in vitro assays, including biochemical, traditional cell culture and cardiomyocyte functional assays.
- Use molecular & cellular biology and next generation sequencing technologies to investigate mechanisms of drug-induced toxicity.
- Collaborate with investigative toxicologists to make safer medicines.
- Present information at internal and external meetings.
Education, behavioral competencies and skills:
- Rapid growing group needs scientists with Master of Science in molecular biology, pharmacology or toxicology with 3+ pharma experience, or PhD in molecular biology, pharmacology, toxicology or a related discipline. Previous training on wet lab experimental skills are required.
- Experience with conventional and advanced cell culture approaches with cell lines, primary cells, and iPSC cells. Experience with 3D cell-culture highly desirable.
- Experiences in CRISPR technology is a plus. Previous experience with next generation sequencing is highly desired.
- Experience working in a matrixed team environment at a pharmaceutical company and/or CRO
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
- Empowering Our People to Shine
If interested contact Vincencia Sales at Vicencia.toledo-sales@
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx