The Broad Institute is an amazing place – we exist to apply our deep knowledge of human genetics to empower a revolution in biomedicine and accelerate the pace at which the world conquers disease.
Embedded within the Broad Institute, the Center for the Development of Therapeutics (CDoT) is a highly collaborative organization of professional scientists that, in its structure, capabilities, and partnerships, functions similarly to a small pharma or biotech. Our mission is to take on bold and ambitious therapeutics projects that have the potential to benefit patients and influence drug discovery more broadly. We do this by translating cutting edge biological insights originating from human biology into drug discovery projects by collaborating with Broad principal investigators and industrial partners, leveraging the expertise of both. We utilize systematic approaches in genomics, biology, and chemistry, coupled with the Broad’s culture of creativity, risk-taking, and open sharing, to successfully advance science, develop new treatments, and positively impact patients.
We are looking for a highly motivated and talented chemist to join a team of medicinal chemists within CDoT who are focused on discovering novel therapeutics. The successful candidate will work within a team of scientists at the interface of industry and academia. The candidate will work closely with biochemists, structural biologists, biophysicists, cell biologists, and pharmacologists, to rapidly progress therapeutic projects in partnership with academic scientists and industrial partners. The successful candidate will plan and implement creative scientific research through conducting laboratory experiments and will be given opportunities to be involved in project planning. This may include timelines, milestones, expected results, and necessary resources; reviewing, analyzing, and interpreting scientific data and results and providing regular updates and critical input on project results.
- Ph.D. in synthetic/medicinal chemistry or equivalent with 0-3 years of postdoctoral research or (preferred) industry experience
- Significant experience in cutting-edge synthetic chemistry, with evidence of creative solutions to complex synthetic problems
- Demonstrated track record of delivery of complex molecules on aggressive timelines
- Independent in lab work, data analysis, interpreting, and presenting results
- Track record of success demonstrated through publications, patents, and presentations
- Ability and desire to work collaboratively on complex problems –
- Engaged with diverse scientists, integrating data from multiple disciplines.
- Motivated to apply biological and pharmaceutical principles and working knowledge of the use of structure-based computational tools
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills.