Seeding Labs is a Boston-based nonprofit that is empowering every scientist to change the world.
They are seeking a full-time Communications Associate with strong storytelling skills to highlight the impact of their work around the world. Reporting to the VP of External Relations, the Communications Associate will contribute to communications, corporate relations, and development/fundraising efforts. You will create compelling content for print, web, and social media and support communications needs across the organization.
A successful candidate will be a keen writer and editor with a passion for science that can creatively be channeled to raise awareness of the talented researchers Seeding Labs support around the world. You’ll help share
the impact of their work with their community of donors, including corporations and individuals, to encourage strong and lasting relationships. You will serve a key role in program implementation and executing fundraising campaigns.
You’ll collaborate on new ideas, strategy, and tools for communications and development to help advance Seeding Labs’ mission, gaining international experience and exposure and measure your success.
As an ideal candidate for this role, you understand the nonprofit sector and have experience in communications, public affairs, and/or donor relations in-house for a nonprofit organization.
Seeding Labs especially welcome candidates who will bring diverse cultural, ethnic, national, or international experiences and perspectives to their organization.
Qualified applicants will be:
- Eager to communicate effectively and respectfully to varying audiences and cultures with professionalism and integrity
- Organized and comfortable working independently but carefully on a deadline in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment
- Flexible, proactive, and willing to contribute to communications and development needs across the organization while maintaining your core responsibilities
- Adept with digital marketing, social media campaigns, blogging, and photo/video editing. Familiar with (or willing to learn) Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign and Photoshop), WordPress, and Google Docs. Bonus if you’ve used Classy, Salesforce, and marketing automation software.
- Deeply passionate about our mission and committed to using communications as a tool to increase our organizational impact and success
Compensation: $50,000 annual
Benefits include an employer-contributed health plan or a modest health plan stipend; dental and vision plans; healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts; employer-covered life and disability insurance; pre-tax public transportation pass; 401k.
Seeding Labs’ office is located at 470 Atlantic Ave., Boston, MA. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis.
To Apply: Submit a cover letter, resume, and clips of (or links to) previous work to email@example.com. Please include “Communications Associate” in the subject line when you apply.
To learn about their career opportunities click here