Oncorus, Inc. is a biotechnology company developing a best-in-class oncolytic virus platform with the aim of transforming outcomes for cancer patients. To date, Oncorus has been funded by established leaders in the biotechnology space such as MPM Capital, Oncology Innovation Fund (OIM), Deerfield Capital, Cowen Healthcare Investments, Perceptive Advisors and several others, in addition to strategic investors Celgene and Astellas. Oncorus is also a leader in corporate philanthropy and has taken a pledge to donate a portion of product sales to fund promising cancer research and to support cancer care in the developing world. We are located in Kendall Square, Cambridge, MA.
- Associate Scientist – Sr. Associate Scientist
- Scientist – Sr.Scientist/Manager
To apply click here
Associate Scientist – Sr. Associate Scientist
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Proficiency in immunology and molecular biology techniques, such as DNA, RNA, or protein isolation, PCR, qPCR, flow cytometry to assess virus or immune payload biodistribution.
- Proficiency in identity assays such as ELISA and functional assays to examine payload expression and immune function
- Willingness and aptitude to quickly learn and master new techniques as needed. These could include cell culture, immune assay development, and flow cytometry among others.
- Excellent scientific and personal communication skills and flexibility in working on multiple projects in close cross-functional collaboration, both within the company and with CRO partners.
- Contribute to technical reports for patent applications, IND reports, and scientific publications. Present results to team, management, and external conferences.
- Ability to adapt to frequent change and thrive in a dynamic and entrepreneurial early-stage environment
- Displays a high degree of maturity, honesty, trust, and integrity
Qualifications and Skills :
- B.S. in biological sciences or a closely related field with at least 4 years of academic or industrial research experience after completion of undergraduate training, or,
- M.S. in biological sciences or a closely related field with at least 2 years of academic or industrial research experience after completion of Master’s degree.
We are looking for a highly motivated Scientist- Sr.Scientist/Manager who has a scientific background in oncology/immuno-oncology and helps define and implement mechanism of action and biomarker strategy of our innovative oncolytic virus in patients. The candidate will be responsible for translational/biomarker assay development in house and at a network of external CROs/vendors, support the implementation of translational operational aspects for the clinic as well as work cross-functionally with research and clinical teams to identify and help address scientific and reverse translational questions from emerging clinical data to progress the pipeline.
The ideal candidate will have a strong scientific background in molecular and cellular assays and familiarity with implementation of translational and biomarker aspects for the clinic. Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and excellent communication skills are essential to the success of this position. In this role, they will be able to routinely flex between scientific, technical and operational details and grow significantly with the programs.
This position reports to Director of Translational Medicine and Biomarkers.
- Develops and validates clinical/translational/biomarker assays working with internal scientists and outsourced contract research laboratories using multiple assay technology platforms (e.g., cell-based assays, molecular-based assays, single or multiplexed immunoassays, flow cytometry and/or histology technologies)
- Partner with Clinical operations and CRO for biomarker sample management, biomarker data management, and biobanking with the highest standards of quality, ethics, and regulatory requirements
- Works cross-functionally with the research and clinical development teams to vet ideas and experiments to investigate mechanism of action studies, relapse/resistance mechanisms, PK/PD endpoints, patient selection and reverse translational studies
- Works with the clinical teams to oversee seamless implementation of translational assays in the clinic, and to review and interpret assay data and results coming back from the clinic.
- Serves as an internal expert for assay development and validation across programs
- Effectively negotiates contracts, statement of work and coordinates and manages external collaborations with CRO/vendors and academic partners to deliver results on time and on budget
- Write technical/scientific translational research data reports and contribute to clinical and regulatory documents as needed
- Assist with monitoring new biomarker approaches/technology and contribute to the development and incorporation of novel technologies in support of ongoing research pipeline and clinical projects.
- Review of scientific literature, attendance at key scientific meetings and engagement with relevant academic audiences to identify relevant research studies.
- Assist with interrogating available large-scale, genetic, genomic, phenotypic, and molecular data to support the identification of novel biomarkers.
- • Contribute to biomarker discovery and translation that aid in identifying patients, understanding and characterizing treatment effects on the underlying pathobiology and other impacts
Qualifications and Skills:
- BS or MS in a scientific discipline with 6+ years of industry experience or PhD in a relevant scientific discipline with 2+ years of experience in industry is required. Title will be based on experience.
- Experience in Translational Medicine/Biomarker groups is preferred.
- Hands- on experience and demonstrated expertise across a wide range of molecular and cellular techniques, such as PCR, qRT-PCR, next-gen sequencing (NGS), cytokine assays, IHC/IF, flow cytometry etc. is required.
- In depth experience in assay development, and fit-for purpose qualification/validation of translational and biomarker assays validation in accordance with regulatory guidelines and best practices is required.
- Strong record of working effectively with vendors/CROs to design and execute studies.
- Ability to independently design, execute and interpret experiments and communicate experimental results.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail in order to meet schedules and deadlines.
- Excellent technical/analytical writing skills and oral communication skills
- The successful candidate should be able to work effectively in a matrix team environment as well with both research and clinical development team
- Experience in the design and implementation of biomarkers in clinical studies to support immuno-oncology agents preferred
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Flow cytometry data analysis software and Prism or equivalent is essential.
- Familiarity with data management and visualization tools from data sets emerging from clinical trials is a plus.
- “Do what it takes” attitude
Benefits and Perks:
- Oncorus, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, life insurance, 401k, unlimited vacation and much more.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Travel: Minimal
- Salary: commensurate with role and experience