Leica Microsystems is a world leader in microscopes and scientific instruments. Founded as a family business in the nineteenth century, the company’s history was marked by unparalleled innovation on its way to becoming a global enterprise. Its historically close cooperation with the scientific community is the key to Leica Microsystems’ tradition of innovation, which draws on users’ ideas and creates solutions tailored to their requirements. At the global level, Leica Microsystems is organized in three divisions, all of which are among the leaders in their respective fields: the Life Science Division, Industry Division, and Medical Division. Leica Microsystems has seven major plants and product development sites around the world. The company is represented in over 100 countries, has sales and service organizations in 20 countries, and an international network of distribution partners. Its headquarters are located in Wetzlar, Germany.
Leica Microsystems, Inc offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates’ and their families’ lives. Whether it’s a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job.
Account Manager – Microscopy
This position is critical in managing accounts through direct and/or dealer relationships. The Account Manager – Microscopy must build and maintain customer relationships while driving sales growth; must identify and drive sales opportunities through all LMS applications (excluding Medical). This role is responsible for complete product portfolio management.
Key Responsibilities (included but not limited to)
- Develop strategies designed to increase sales of Leica (widefield) microscopy products in assigned territory: specifically; recommend product, pricing,advertising and sales promotion strategies
- Identify selling opportunities across product lines, including lead generation (widefield microscopy, confocal microscopy, and nanotechnology)
- Identify customer gaps and equate to sales opportunity
- Lead team selling efforts in all identified accounts
- Conduct analysis and performance evaluation of all sales in assigned region byuse of the Salesforce.com tool. The evaluation includes sales call activities, follow up on sales leads, attendance at trade shows, contacts with local governments, associations, and academic institutions, and traveling with other product specialists to improve their field sales skills and product knowledge.
- Identify customer needs and evaluate a solution
- Experience in successfully writing grant paperwork and/or business case
- Assists Sales Specialists in the business and technology aspects of quoting opportunities
- Coordinate and/or conduct product demonstrations
- Perform (widefield) demonstrations
- Assist in confocal and nano demonstrations
Closing the Deal:
- Responsible for moving successful demonstration to order for widefield
- Assist in confocal and nano products
- Manager follow-up with Purchasing/Price Admin
- Assist in install between Field Service Engineer and customer / Facilities Manager; obtain documentation, signatures, forecast revenue recognition date, and arrange training
- Exceeds customer needs by identifying and utilizing appropriate team resources
- Ensures that customers are satisfied. Also, must be capable of working effectively with Sales Managers, PLT members, Customer Service Technicians and Representatives, Engineers, Accounting, and Manufacturing to do whatever is necessary to satisfy customers’ needs.
- Strong Microscopy (widefield) and Life Science Research experience required
- Demonstrated core understanding of Microscopy / Imaging / Application
- Relationship Building; Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Project Management and Project Business
- Financial / Business Acumen
- Knowledge of specific area of work (Commercial, Government, University, etc.)
- Previous Sales experience of Microscopy highly preferred
- 3+ years successful selling products of a technical nature combined with above
- Large Account Management Relationships combined with above
- MS or Ph.D. degree in biology or chemistry, or a related scientific field
Leica Microsystems Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more information on the position or to apply, check out their job posting