Associate Scientist/Scientist, Translational Research and Biomarkers
Who are we?
Recent advances in T-cell engineering and antibody therapeutics have led to phenomenal results in treating cancer patients, opening the possibility for combining these powerful therapeutic modalities. Unum Therapeutics aims to transform cancer treatment through the discovery, development, and commercialization of novel cellular immunotherapies. We’re moving forward fast, are you? Visit www.unumrx.com for our latest news!
What are we offering to you?
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a well-funded startup company early in its trajectory. You will be a vital part of helping to achieve the Unum vision: to transform cancer treatment and deliver patient cures. Unum is a place where your input matters. You will have a direct and significant impact on our in-vivo studies as well as taking a significant role in overseeing our animal facility operations. You will also shape the Unum culture and be a part of a passionate, transparent, and collaborative work environment.
This is a great opportunity for an acadmic veterinary technician or in-vivo facilities operations associate with dosing experience to transition into industry with the possibility of a temp-to perm conversion of this six-month contract role (not guaranteed, but certainly possible).
What will you be doing?
- Support the development, execution and analysis of assays in early clinical studies to measure antibody PK, ACTR T cell persistence and phenotype, target expression/occupancy, cytokine levels and immunogenicity
- Explore predictive biomarkers of ACTR manufacturing and clinical success
- Prepare data packages for technical reports, SOPs, and regulatory submissions
- Manage the transfer of technical protocols to contract testing labs
- Work collaboratively across internal discovery, manufacturing and clinical groups, external collaborators and contract research organizations
- BS/MS in Biology, Immunology or Oncology; BS with 4-8 years of industry experience or MS with 1-4 years of industry experience
- Experience with assay development, particularly using flow cytometry, ELISA, multiplexed immunoassays, immunohistochemistry and cell-based methods
- Experience working with primary human cells (T cells, PBMCs) highly desirable
- A desire to meticulously execute bench work
- Strong organizational and record-keeping skills; experience working in a regulated environment (CLIA, GCLP) highly desirable
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and enthusiasm to work collaboratively in a fast-paced startup environment
For more information on the position or to apply, check out their job posting.